Pages

Monday 29 March 2021

Beatles

 ‘We Are Growing Up' When the Beatles arrived in New Zealand at Wellington Airport on 21 June 1964, they were cheered on by crowds of rapturous youths. For devotees of popular music, in the mid-1960s the four Liverpudlians were simply the greatest musicians in their genrel anywhere in the world. Of course, looking back at the images of throngs of hysterical girls with faces pressed hard against wire fences, screaming themselves hoarse as they caught a glimpse of their musical idols, it all seems a bit ridiculous, a bit excessive ... The songs of the Beatles and their contemporaries (including the local Beatles pastiche?, Ray Columbus and the Invaders, with their huge hit “She's a Mod”) were listened to by a generation of youths who felt that they were suddenly liberated from many of the inhibitions of their parents, and who believed that only they knew how to enjoy themselves properly.

This tells us that teens are sins and

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.